Tuesday, September 14, 2004

"Remember me?"

Funny how you remember some people. Sometimes by the way they dressed, or maybe they had a funny walk. "Oh yeah I remember him/her they use to have this..."

Now take Kevin McNear, back in high school he drove this cherry red 1966 Ford Mustang. This wasn't what I mostly remember him by. He also had this groovy 1960s haircut complete with sideburns. All perfectly unique things that if I ever went back to our high school reunion and saw him I could talk to him about.

No I remember him cause of his keep the fizz theory on soda. How it came about I don't know, but he would partly squeeze a plastic soda bottle about halfway then close the cap snug. He thought that it would help keep the fizzle in soda longer. It was something about gas expanding or something to that effect. Do I think it works? I have no idea, I'm no scientist.

But sometimes when I crush those 24oz soda bottles so they take up less trash I sometimes think back to him. And I imagine he's married with kids and I peek in his kitchen and open the refrigerator to see halfway squeezed soda bottles. Someday if I ever see him again it will be the first thing I ask him about...